Tonight as I was preparing dinner, I had a little can to hand incident. It is probably time for a new can opener. It never opens the last little bit of can. So I have to use a knife to pry it open and pour out the contents. I was kind of in a hurry tonight. I left out the knife part and tried pushing down on one side of the lid to pop up the other side. It worked. Trouble is, my hand was kind of in the way.....
These pictures don't really do it justice.
Since I am too cheap, and don't care too much about the scar, I opted out of a visit to our good 'ol InstaCare buddies. I called my friend- a pediatrician turned neonatologist, and asked her advice. She offered to stitch it for me, but informed me she had no anesthesia. Thanks, but no thanks! She said as long as it didn't sever a tendon or something it should be fine if I can keep it closed and stop the bleeding. So Dr. Randy cut up some steri-strips and patched me up.
It looked pretty good...but now, and hour later, it is all working it's way loose. I might end up going somewhere after all. I am pretty useless, one handed.
....maybe that can get me out of some of my duties... ;)
4 comments:
you have a hubby with a good strong stomach... merrill is a lesser man and would have lost it, and then stayed passed-out for days... he'd really rather pay an insta-care bill... i know, that's pretty bad...
Ouch! Hope that heals up pretty soon! That looks paiful!
Hey, I brought home a new can-opener from Hawaii. It is a good one...only a year old. I'll give it to you if you haven't bought a new one yet.
Sorry about that cut. It does look like a pretty clean one...with nothing else involved. :( I never learned to stitch!!
I hope you threw that can opener away! And I hope your hand gets better fast. :)
Post a Comment