Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm Blushing Already Shaved Ice Delight

Let me just start by saying that Mindy made me do this. She posted a blog challenge and I have to do all 14 to try and win some prize. I don't even know what it is, but I figure if it's from Mindy, It's worth it....come to think of it, I don't even know how to win....is it a random drawing? are there points for the most creative? or does everyone who completes it, win? On second thought, I won't embarrass myself until I know all the details....


Instead, I'll blog about my favorite summertime treat:


Ahhhhh....where do I begin? Popsicles?.... Watermelon?.... Rice Krispie treats?.... Apples dipped in Tif's fabuloso carmely cream cheese dip?..... Fresh-picked peaches?..... Famous Raspberry shakes from Bear Lake?..... Marshmallows roasted over a fire? All those are on my top 10, but I think my very favorite (at least at the moment) is SHAVED ICE. It all started in Hawaii. Mmmmm. Then my friend, Leta, just had to go and buy a real life shaved ice machine. Not one of those cheapo ones from WalMart. I'm talkin' the real deal. Complete with 20 or so flavors. We swim at her house every Thursday. As if the afternoon wasn't good enough, she had to add shaved ice. It is definitely a highlight each week (that's pretty messed up, huh?) I think I could eat it all day- every day. I mean, what could be better than ice cold, artificially flavored sugar to quench your thirst? I would probably stop at the Snowie Shack daily if I could get out by myself. So when I don't have access to this quiescently frozen treat, I find myself sneaking the kids' popsicles, trying not to remind them they are in the freezer. As it is, I am asked no less than 500 times each day if someone can have a Popsicle. I like to let them sit out for a while before I dive in. It makes them a little soft- more like a shaved ice, I suppose.... OK, my mouth is watering, and there's a Popsicle in my freezer.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Here it is...
Whoever completes all fourteen gets their name entered in my magical bowl of winningdom... bonus entries of your name are added depending on how many tags you participate in...
Oh, and I think the prize is pretty cool, and I AM mindy...

Little Bee said...

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hawaiian shaved ice is so good. :)

Looking for Something?