Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Today's the Day

We did it. Yesterday we found a home for the last kitten, so there was no excuse. The kids have been asking for a long time, and Randy has been so patient. So I have been looking for a puppy for a few weeks now. We wanted one like our old dog, Lucky. An English Lab with a big, blocky head, and over sized paws. They are harder to come by, but their temperaments are more mellow than their American cousins. Today I found what we have been looking for. She is perfect. Her dad is a big guy, and her mom is way mellow. She seems to take after them in their respective traits. At 7 weeks old, she weighs over 15 pounds! And the whole ride home (a whole hour) she sat on our laps and cuddled. The kids love her to death...the cats, not so much. She ran around the yard and we took her for a walk. She was great on the leash- we hope to keep her that way. We haven't decided on a name yet...any suggestions? One thing is for sure- she'll be loved.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, she is so cute! I bet your kids are in heaven!

Little Bee said...

Aww! i have a friend who got a dog not too long ago... she named it Chocolate! How about that?

BookwormMom said...

The boys told me you had a dog, and I was wondering when that happened...She's cute!!!

I did leave you some love below!!!!

Mindy said...

love the dog...

Heather H said...

Oh she is just adorable!

Looking for Something?