Step 1: Walk around your house and find (get a picture if you can..) three things out of place or not put away properly, then take a minute and vent about how much it bugs you or how NOT fun it is to clean it up 20 times a day. We moms are hard working ladies. We do our best to keep our homes in great shape (well for me that's not every day...) so take a minute and complain (don't worry, I won't tell.....) A little gripe therapy is always useful!!
1) Books all over the floor. Usually it's full of clothes, too.
2) Dishes on the counter. I don't even require them to be put into the dishwasher right away. The sink is RIGHT THERE!
3) Stuff all over the family room. We do not live in a dump! Pick up after yourself!!!!
Step 2: Now that you've got your venting out of the way, take a minute and write a sentence or two about how much you love those family members who can drive you nuts.
1) He is only four. And it's not like I have a bookcase for his books to go in. They just sit on his dresser with a couple bookends. When I ask him, he is pretty good about picking them up. Nathan is all-around a fun, cooperative kid.
2) I won't name the one who started this....but everyone followed suite. At least they don't leave them on the table. And after dinner, they each take turns doing the dishes. I really appreciate the help they are to me.
3) I would rather that all the kids have fun memories together than have a perfectly clean house. A messy room shows we live here and they are having fun. Again, they pick it up when asked, so how can I complain?!
2 comments:
Hmm... my mom should do that on her blog.
bonus point! you win the contest for most bonus tags...
Post a Comment