President Hinckley; Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, passed away today at the age of 97. He has been the prophet pretty much my entire adult life- and all of my married life. My testimony has been greatly strengthened by his love and example to the world. My kids have known no other Prophet. Just a little over two years ago, we had the privilege of attending his 95th birthday party. We took Casey and Hailey with us (Hailey technically wasn't old enough, but a nice gentleman usher that heard our pleas, let us in anyway.) I am so grateful they had the opportunity to be in the presence of this wonderful man. I will miss him for many different reasons. He was such a genuine man with a great sense of humor. As much as we try to keep the kids still during General Conference, they have a hard time. But when President Hinckley would speak, they always stopped and listened. They knew. And they recognized the Spirit and the charisma of this great man. Although he will be missed dearly, I look forward to the next President and his leadership. I am also so happy for President Hinckley to be with his sweet Marjorie, again.
1 comment:
Just when I think that I am all cried out... love it though!
Post a Comment