...buy 20 pairs! Guess what I did today. I reminded myself why I never shop for me. It is much easier to buy for the kids- or Randy- or a dog. The last time I bought a pair of jeans, Nathan was three months old. Is that embarrassing to admit? Well, it's true. And I should have bought at least a half dozen of them. Do you know what has happened to jeans in the last 3 1/2 years? A LOT! And in my opinion, not for the better. They now look like something out of my sister's closet in the 80's....or from Salvation Army....or something designed by a bum-less person who doesn't care about bending over....I tried on 15 different STYLES of jeans in various sizes and lengths. Guess how many fit...NONE! But in my quest for one pair of jeans for me, I found:
A shirt for Randy: $2.49
A shirt for Tyler: $2.49
Church pants for Tyler: $4.28
Church pants for Casey $4.28
A Shirt for Hannah: $1.49
A Shirt for Hailey: $1.49
See how much more rewarding it is to buy for others? It was my third time out shopping for jeans since Christmas and I couldn't come back empty-handed..AGAIN! I finally settlled on the lesser of the 15 evils...and bought two pairs...
4 comments:
That's my daughter! Bargain hunter all the way. And never buying for herself. I didn't buy any clothes during the 70's as they were atrocious. Some of those styles are back too. I couldn't even sew anything because they were just as bad. Jeans, now, for an old lady, are still o.k. Maybe you need to look in the "old ladies" department. :)
I am so glad that you found my blog. You have such a cute family! I am going to add you to my friends list. And I agree with this post.. Jeans are SO hard to find!
Oh my gosh I can totally relate, But the last time I bought a pair of jeans it was black friday of 2006. I would much rather buy clothes for Hayden and Kimberly than myself. Good luck with the hunting!
I'm so sorry I can't really let anyone see Kimberly I hope I didn't offend you.
my problem too, those darn hips Mer loves... help get children out... my favs, GAP bootcut curvy... love em... they are worth the price to me, they fit, and cover my bum when I bend over. Mer even likes the "rear view"...
go read my blog... you've been tagged!
Post a Comment