Tomorrow I will get a rude awakening. We will have to go to bed before midnight, because we need to get up before 10 AM. We have really been lazy this Christmas break. We have definitely been spoiled having Randy around. My normal routine (if you can call it that) has gone completely out the window. Tomorrow it is back to alarm clocks, laundry, doctor's appointments, homework and ballet. Having the kids home for a week and a half has been fun. I will be sad to see them go back tomorrow. Not to mention the help Randy has been around here. After having not seen him much for the past...oh I can't even remember...the kids and I have loved having him home. It almost makes me want to pack up and move my little family to the middle of nowhere and live off the land...well, almost!
Some of my goals for 2008:
1. Spend less time doing chores by being more organized
2. Spend more time playing with the family
3. Get back into daily scripture reading as a family
4. Be more complimentary to my family
5. Go on a date weekly with Randy
I think that should give me plenty to strive for this year. As I look back on the past year, I can't help but contemplate if I am at a better place than I was a year ago. I think in some areas, I definitely am, and in others, I am not. It seems like each year flies by faster than the last, and as hard as I try, I can't slow it down. There aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish all I want to. My kids are getting big, way too fast. Casey is almost 12. And my baby will be two before I know it. It is all good, but I wonder where the time has gone.
When Emma was born, I had a really hard time imagining I would never go through pregnancy or childbirth again. I don't know if I necessarily feel like there is another spirit for our family, but it is so weird to have that phase of my life over. I think the thing I had such a hard time with was that since we always planned on six kids, I was kind of always waiting for our family to all be here. But what I failed to realize was that we were here all along. We just kept growing. And now, I can't believe my oldest is almost 12. So I think there is a certain amount of regret. Like I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. And there are times, I hate to admit, that I just plain can't remember. That is the main reason I started this blog. I hope over the next year, I can continue to record our family's story and at the same time, learn to enjoy it all a little more- and provide some entertainment while I'm at it!
No comments:
Post a Comment