Monday, January 21, 2008
Dr. Dentist to the Rescue
I spent a fun hour at the dentist today (read with sarcasm...) It was not a planned visit...which makes it even more fun. During sacrament meeting yesterday, my old abscess started to hurt. I was able to bear it (with the help of 800 mg Ibuprofen) until 2 AM. I have been through labor without any pain medication and I think this pain was right up there. I called the dentist first thing this morning and thankfully, they were able to get me in at 11:00. It was good thing the kids had no school, so I was able to just leave. I tried convincing the dentist that I didn't need the tooth, and he could just pull it. But, he disagreed and I basically got a root canal today- again. That tooth already had one 10 years ago. And I get to go back in two weeks to finish it off. Apparently they need to allow the abscess to 'drain' for a while before they fill it and fit me with a new crown (yipee...I LOVE spending money on my teeth- NOT!) So, now I get to take antibiotics and pain meds for the next two weeks. Hopefully those don't make me sick, too. I have never had an antibiotic that doesn't make me feel totally awful and sick. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
when do I get to have your cuties over? can't stand to think of you ahving so much "fun"...
So sorry! I hate when I have problems with my teeth and the resulting expense it always seems to bring. Hope this gets taken care of fast!
Post a Comment