Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Tipping the Scales
Emma had her 18 month check-up today (Yes- it's 5 weeks late. Leave it to me to totally space that she had an appointment back in December!) So at 19 months, she is a whopping.........drum-roll, please.......18 pounds, 3 ounces!!!! So technically, she should be out of the infant diapers. I actually bought some size 2-3 the other day. They are way too big. The problem is, she may exceed the '12-18 pound' weight recommendation for size 2 diapers, but her weight is distributed over 31 inches, instead of a squattier 25 inch infant. So she just has a skinny little waist, as evidenced by the fact that her pants never stay on her. Her weight finally follows a tiny curve of her own...far below the chart. All in all, she's doing very well. He said I could try her on Pediasure to help her gain weight, but he's doubtful that she would gain much. Especially since she won't drink milk. She has always been tiny and slow to gain weight. I think she is just built like that. he kept commenting on what a good baby she is. I know I am blessed. She was quite the trooper and didn't even cry during her shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment