Tuesday: The usual- cleaning, tantrum control, cleaning, cooking, and oh yeah, Valentine preparations.....a trip to the store. That is where it all went wrong. Why did I think taking three kids to Wal-Mart would be OK? I left the store without anything for Randy, and no Valentines for the kids to take to school. When I added up how much it would cost, it was over $30. There was no way I was going to spend that much on paper that the kids would throw away as soon as they ripped the candy off it. When I was a kid, we were ecstatic to get a couple candy hearts in the envelope. Not the case with kids now days. If there isn't candy, they don't even look. Unless, of course, it is a toy of some sort. I decided to steal an idea I saw on someone else's blog ....it only cost $10 for all the kids' valentines! And they were lots of fun to make with their help.
Little felt fortune cookies with a friendship fortunes and candies inside...

After the kids got home, we did homework, and I took Hailey to tumbling (I kept Nathan home because of his cough..)
Wednesday: Aaahhh....Early day. Gotta love it. For those of you who don't understand what this is, I'll explain. Actually, I don't understand it either...but it is when the teachers decide they need a couple extra hours every Wednesday afternoon to prepare...as if getting off at 3:30 isn't time enough. I have decided, I would rather have the kids home from school altogether than have an early day. That way, at least we could avoid the morning rush.
Another trip to the store. This time to finish up a gift for Mindy...who had her darling baby!
Wednesday was Hannah's 'Parent's Day' at ballet. So cute! She is pretty good at it.


She even got to teach her dad how to leap....
I could use this picture for some serious blackmail, don't you think?

I visited my friend Mindy and her baby Peyton and tried to convince myself I really don't want another baby. Didn't work very well...don't worry though- I couldn't convince Randy that he did want one!
Thursday: Happy Heart Day! The kids made little sacks this year and we all exchanged Valentines.
My loot. Aren't I lucky?...
I made Randy a giant heart-shaped cookie and some fortune cookies with little love-notes like I made the kids.
I made Randy a giant heart-shaped cookie and some fortune cookies with little love-notes like I made the kids.
After a Primary Presidency meeting, I made an appearance at the school and snapped a few pictures for my scrapbooks and to spy on the sixth grade dance. I have vowed for the past seven years that my kids wouldn't go to this, but when I found out they would be dancing the Hokey Pokey and the Macarena, I relented.
When he got home, we decided to leave the kids and go out to dinner for Valentine's Day. :) This was the first time we have done that. I was a little nervous, but they did really well. I only called them once (Randy finally let me.) This could open up a whole new world for us. One that I'm afraid our budget can't handle. Randy was so sweet and gave me a gift certificate to the spa. I was feeling kinda cheap with my big cookie....
Friday: Catch up day. By this point, the house and laundry needed some attention and I stayed pretty busy. Tyler went to an art class and learned some Origami.
Saturday: It was my dad's birthday. We were busy with chores, soccer game, baptism, and more chores. No matter how hard we try, we can't avoid spending hours every day doing chores. I need a house like in Smart House where the floor absorbs anything dropped onto it.
Saturday night I got a call from my brother telling me my mom was in the hospital. :( She had been having heart problems all day. And they were having trouble stabilizing her. I had little information and my dad was unreachable in the hospital in town. Needles to say, we all said our prayers and I didn't sleep well. I was very anxious this morning as there was still no update. All I could think about were the things I wish I had done, but hadn't found the time. You know, mail the valentines from the kids, and update my blog (she reads it daily) Finally, around 10:00, the phone rang. It was my mom. I have never been so glad to hear her voice. She had finally stabilized and was discharged around midnight with some medication and instructions to see the cardiologist in the city this week. Please keep her in your prayers....
2 comments:
What?!? Is your mom OK? What is happening now...I'll call you about this.
I think the picture of Randy is awesome!! And Hannah's smiling face says it all. You can tell she is proud to have you there watching.
Very cute.
Praying for your family....Nat
I hope that everything is going better for your mom. Doesn't she know that Hawaii is supposed to be Relaxing and good for you??? And as to that teacher comment and the couple of hours for prep time- don't even get me started. They deserve a heck of a lot more credit than you give them!!!! But I still love you...
Post a Comment