Thursday, February 07, 2008

I'm Back

OK, I'm back. After not feeling so hot for a day and a half, I am doing much better! Yesterday was a total loss. I was pretty much useless. Hailey cooked dinner (for the second time this week) and Randy played taskmaster...it's good for him, right? I climbed in the tub after taking 10,000 mg Vitamin C and Vitamin E and instantly felt better. I decided it was probably more of a stress thing than a virus. But whatever it was, it is gone.

Emma is also doing really well. I'm beginning to wonder if it really is RSV. I only suctioned her once today, and I have yet to do a breathing treatment on her. She is eating and drinking well now, and acts pretty normal. My understanding is that RSV takes a lot longer to get over than that. But, whatever. I have kept her home and will, for the next few days just in case.

3 comments:

BookwormMom said...

If you needed suction at all, it was most likely RSV. Some kids get over it quicker, and since Emma has 5 siblings, most of whom are in school, her immune response is probably better. Still be really careful with taking her out places. Oh, and RSV can relapse. If it is actually RSV, they can shed it for 21 days after all symptoms are gone.

Mindy said...

So glad that you are doing better! Now watch, EVERYONE including ME will be ther Sunday....

melissious said...

I haven't visited your page in a while, sorry! I just saw the pictures in the right column. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Your children are so beautiful. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm going to have to try that next time, the vitamins & bath. Actually, maybe I'll abandon the kids with the husband and try the bath part right now! :)

Looking for Something?