When you're a kid, you hear things differently.
When I was a in Primary, I loved the song "A Child's Prayer". But I could never figure out what in the world a 'worshy whisper' was: "...I hear the worshy whisper, as she bows her head each day..." I guess it's a really soft whisper...or something.
And I remember my SIL telling me how she always thought that in "Secret Prayer" it said, "...that this spoon to mortals giv'n..." You never know when you might need a spoon....
Casey's big brother influence was made very apparent the other day. Nathan was singing the "Hinges" song...
"I'm all made of hinges, 'cuz ev'rything bends.....I have to be hinges, or else I will crap." Hannah insisted to him that it was crack...but he wouldn't have it. I was always really good at making sure Casey never said 'potty words' when he was little. But being in 6th grade, the world has gotten to him. So his poor little brother's head has been corrupted...
1 comment:
I did (and still do) the same thing with song! Unless you actually read the words on some of them, they honestly sound like something else! I loved your story about Nathan!
Post a Comment