Monday, February 11, 2008

Fluffy

Our momma cat, Sophie, is in heat right now and always trying to escape. Yesterday after church, I realized I hadn't seen her for a while. I heard a faint meowing, and thought she must have gone outside, and now wanted to come in. I opened the door and called for her, but she didn't come.

I didn't think much more of it until bed time- 5 hours later. Still, no sign of her. She is kind of a glutton. I figured, it's freezing outside, but she wants to spend the night out there...OK.

Two hours after I climb into bed, I hear the faint meow again. I get up and go to the front door. Nope. Hmmm....I'll check the back door. Uh uh.....The garage. No....I can hear her when I was in the entry way, but as I walked downstairs, I couldn't hear her anymore.

I recruited Randy to help in the search. I checked closets and re-checked all the outside doors. Randy followed the faint mews....up the stairs, into the hallway. He paused.....he motioned for me....and he opened the door.....


I guess Hannah thought Sophie needed a little fluffing....

It brings new meaning to the phrase 'in heat', doesn't it?!

5 comments:

BookwormMom said...

At least she couldn't get out of the house in there!!!!

Ashley and Devan said...

Hunter may have gotten sick from Emma.. it happens! It comes on so fast that I am sure they are spreading the germs way before we know they are sick! Emma cleared up pretty quickly right.. I bet Hunter will do the same. Hunter loves playing with Emma in nursery! She always climbs on my lap when I am in there with Hunter. She is such a doll! I heard you will be covering for Activity Days.. Thank You!

Mindy said...

oh Hannah...

Heather H said...

That is too funny!!

Natalie said...

hahahahahahahahah

Nat

Looking for Something?