Hailey pulled off an awesome project, if I do say so myself. She knew her stuff. I'm not one to brag, but the judge told me Hailey's was the best one she'd seen. This was a 'participation only' science fair for the Kindergarten through 5th grades. It was great practice and we (meaning Hailey and I) learned a lot. Hailey's project: "Can you Blame Burnt Cookies on the Cookie Sheet?"
Five different recipes +
Five different pans =
One great project!
Over the past week, my family has consumed almost 200 cookies. Cookies for breakfast, cookies for lunch, and cookies just because.
After 7 and a half hours manning the science fair (one of the many PTA perks,) I came home in time to scarf down some nutrients and head back over for the open house. At one point, I turned around to see all six of my kids had walked to the school, IN THE DARK, because Dad wasn't home yet, and they were afraid they were going to miss it. After a successful nomination of next year's PTA board (thanks, ladies!) we called it a night.
I missed YO!ga, darn it. I could have used it. But I did get to Casey's 8:00 Deacon's Ball game. They played a great game, and Casey scored some points! Just look at the grin on his face!

Just as the game ended, two of my friends showed up to kidnap me and take me out for a much needed treat. A great way to end the day.
3 comments:
Way to go Casey!!!
Missed you at YO! ga..
Syrup is sweet!!! Don't you think? ;)
I'm feeling really bad about now that I didn't check my email in time to find out about the treat thing....
Just for you, I'm going to attempt to kill my word verification...but if I get more spam posts like I was awhile back, all bets are off.
Yummy science fair project. Next time let me know and I'll come take the extra cookies off your hands. :) Oh, do you have a favorite sugar cookie recipe? I'm looking for a good one.
Post a Comment