Monday, February 09, 2009

Stories From the Past

Casey tagged me...."Stories from the Past"


Yesterday, while at my parents' house, I relived my first embarrassing moment- to my recollection....

When I was about 3 or 4 I went with a group from church to "The Floppy Show" . It was a children's show in which select kids in the audience take turns telling a joke or riddle to Floppy- a beagle puppet. All the way there, I thought about what joke I'd tell Floppy. I was sitting in the back of our station wagon contemplating my riddle. I wanted to be original.

I wasn't going to tell the same joke that I'd heard a million times. Like "Why did the man throw the clock out the window?

"He wanted to see time fly."
Or "What is black and white and read all over?"

"The newspaper."

Nope. I was going to be a original. So I thought as hard as my little 4 year old mind could think. I had it! "What is blue and white?"

The answer? Well it had to start with a 'B'. After all, blue starts with a 'B'. So it must either be brown or black. Brown it is!

So when it came my turn, I stood in front of Floppy and posed my riddle: "What's blue and White?"

Floppy, being relieved to hear something new, replied, "I don't know honey, what is is?"

"BROOOOOOWN." That was it. No punch line. Sure it was original. But he didn't get it. Neither did my mom or my brothers and sisters watching from home. It may not have been funny, but it made perfect sense to me. I'll never live that down.

After telling my joke, I took my seat on the from row of kids. After many commercial breaks, my little bladder got antsy. I asked if I could use the restroom more than once, but my request was denied. We were on live TV, I couldn't just get up and leave. So I sat there. And I wiggled. And when I could take it no longer, I let it all out. I peed my pants on TV.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha!! I love it!!! At least it didn't leave a BROOOOOOWN!! stain...

Kristen said...

My question is, did they know you did? That is a funny story. I am amazed you could remember so much being so young.

Six-Pack Momma said...

Like I said, I have never lived that down....I couldn't forget even if I wanted to! ha ha!

Gramma224 said...

Her family has never let her forget it. It is the only memory she has of her life in the Midwest. The older siblings were home watching it on TV, but they didn't know until later about the "accident". I didn't know until the show was over. I doubt if that was the first time it had happened on that show, nor the last time. LOL Wished we could have recorded it for her posterity!

Looking for Something?