How is it that each of my boys has been pickier about the clothes they wear than any of my girls?
It is Nathan's turn to join the ranks. He has worn the same two pairs of shorts all winter (and rotates between 2 and 3 T-shirts.) I gave up long ago trying to get him wear weather-appropriate clothes. In his words, pants make him "hot like the burning sun." I can't argue with that.
Nathan is dressed for the weather in shorts that actually fit him....
His most beloved shorts aren't even his. They're Tyler's and they're two sizes too big. Well, they finally got a hole in them. And Nathan's world has come crashing down around him. He missed out on a field trip at preschool today because he had "nothing to wear."
Oy vey! What am I going to do with this kid?
6 comments:
It always cracks me up when I see him tooling around the neighborhood in his shorts. My little brother was the same way.
I got into trouble with Cathy's kindergarten teacher because she wouldn't button up her coat when she was outside in the cold Iowa winter. The teacher called me to tell me I had to make her do that. I couldn't then and i can't now! LOL Huh, Cathy?
So true! And in 4th grade, Mom had to bring my coat to me at school since I didn't take one. I was fine, but the school told me I had to wear a coat! LOL! I still hardly ever wear one...in fact, I don't even know where it is right now! LOL!
Oh.. the poor boy! I know how he loves "his" shorts... I think he is trying to compete with my girls as far as picky-ness is concerned..
How old is he? Tsat is hilarious.
Everett goes through colors. For a while, he liked everything but red. Then red was his favorite. I bought him a few red shirts. Now he's back off red. He picks his clothes every morning too.
Ahhh, boys....my two boys are way pickier about their clothes than Katie is. Cayden went through a phase of hiding the clothes I picked out for school in his closet, putting something else on in the morning and then trying to convince me that these WERE the clothes that I had picked out the night before. That was when I decided to let him start picking out his own clothes even if they didn't match or look good. I learned quickly....there are some things you just don't need to spend the energy worrying about.
Post a Comment