
My thoughtful brother got tickets for our entire family (the ones in-town, anyway) to attend the Draper Temple open house yesterday. I have now had the privilege to walk through 5 temples before their dedication: the Jordan River, Bountiful, Mt. Timpanogos, Nauvoo, and now the Draper Temple.
I am ever-amazed at the quality of workmanship that goes into the building of the temple. The first time Randy and I walked through the Mt. Timponogos temple, it was on an engineering tour. The temple wasn't completed yet and we saw how things come together. For example, the wood mouldings come from only the finest wood. There were huge bins of scrap moulding that did not meet the high standards for the temple. It was beautiful cherry wood. But because of a knot or other blemish, it wasn't used. So they allowed us to take some home as souvenirs.
I loved having all my kids there, taking in the beauty of the temple. I hope it gives them something to look forward to as they prepare to enter the temple when they are older. The kids must have felt the spirit there, as they were on their best behavior when we walked through the sacred halls and rooms of the temple.
But there is only so much good behavior to be had. And they made up for it at church today.
7 comments:
So glad your family was able to attend! My sister lives in the Draper area and I will get to see the temple soon when her daughter is sealed to them! I can't wait!
I wish.. I would love to have the girls see the brides room and the Celestial room.. I have such good memories of the Bountiful temple open house. It gave me a visual to my goal.
That was really fun! thanks for taking us!!
Hey, if you have to choose, good behavior at the Temple is more important than good behavior at church. After all, church is the place where they learn how to behave in the Temple, and I know the Lord understands the trials our children have learning to appreciate His House.
After all, He's the one who gave them those trials.
That was a nice day. The kids weren't "bored" once. Mickey said he had a happy feeling there. Score!
My Mother in Law took Jesse's brothers and sisters there as well.
What are you going to do when you have all of your children sitting on all sides of you and your husband in the temple? (well besides cry) I know that is every mothers dream, but when it comes to fruitation how good are you going to feel. All the work over the years will totally be worth it. I will, but I can't wait for that day!
Yes, I will cry. But mostly, I will look back and see that THIS is all worth it. That THIS is what it was all about.
Post a Comment