Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Tyler the Turtle Mummy
I just read my post from last night and it doesn't even make sense to me. Oh well. I am so tired. I was so glad that I was all done with costumes last night. Today was going to be a relaxing, have fun with the kids day before they went back tomorrow. Then Tyler came to me with that look on his face. I asked him what was wrong. That was a pointless question. That kid doesn't talk when he is sad or upset. He simply goes into what I refer to as "Turtle Mode". I could tell he was very upset. After several minutes of carefully prodding, I read his body language and ventriloquism to mean that he hated his Halloween costume. Never mind that he told me a month ago he wanted to be a vampire. And never mind that I had asked him more than once if he was sure before I bought the stuff. Now the tags are ripped off and the teeth have his slobber on them. So I am stuck. At first I told him he just needed to get over it and be a vampire this year. But after several hours of his turtle mode, I couldn't take it any more, and I asked him what he wanted to be. A Ghost. I wasn't sure how I would do it because they cannot wear masks to school. So I suggested a few alternatives and he settled on a mummy. How hard could that be? So off we went to Wal-Mart and then to Target to track down the needed supplies. After only five hours, his costume is almost done! I wish I had gone with the ghost. And next year, they have all been instructed that they will choose something we already have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment