This morning, I was determined to be on top of things. So, as I was getting Emma ready for the bath, I decided I would just get in and shower with her. Nathan and Hannah were occupied in the living room- watching through the window, waiting for the garbage man to come. So this was my chance. I hopped in the kids' bath with Emma and showered. I was very proud of the fact that I was showered by 9:15 AM- in fact, it could be a record! After getting out and getting dressed, I was wrapping my hair in a towel when Hannah and Nathan came in. They looked at Emma, and back at me.
Hannah: "Did you take a shower in here?" (As if it is something strange.)
Me: "Yeah."
Nathan: "You got in all the way?"
Me: "Yeah."
Nathan: "You fit in there?!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Last week, Hannah was holding one of the kittens we named "Oreo". She turned to me and said: "I know that 'oyo' is black and goes in cars."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tuesday night after dinner, Randy and Casey hadn't returned form scouts yet, so I took the kids to Arctic Circle for ice cream cones. When they got back, Nathan ran up to Casey and yelled, "We got pine cones and you missed them!" (Ah man! I was hoping to get one of those!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I will post more of my favorite, all-time classic "Kids Say the Darnedest Things" another day. In the meantime, I would love to hear from all of you and some of the funny things you have heard kids say! Just leave it in the comments below....
1 comment:
So here's my funny: We were in church this past summer when all the boys were visiting. We were sitting in like the 4th bench and Atreyu says quite loudly, "Daddy, can we get out of here? This place gives me the creeps." He was totally serious and the people around us were snickering.
Post a Comment