Friday, October 26, 2007

Snow Tanks

When we are driving in the car, Nathan loves to look for the water tanks on the hill by our house. He knows what they are for as I explained to the kids that they hold water for our homes. When he sees them he gets really excited and says, "There's the water tangs!" So the other day, he spotted them and then asked, "Mom, where are the snow tangs what give us ice?" I am amazed at the thought process of this little guy! He is so stinkin' smart!

All four of my kids in school entered the Reflections contest. Maybe that is why I was on my soap box the other day. I hate deadlines! It is just too stressful. Especially when trying to keep my home running smoothly, they are like little speed bumps.
The theme was "I Can Make a Difference". They all enjoyed doing it. Casey's was a required assignment. He drew a picture of himself and some fellow scouts and helpers removing a wrecked car from the canyon. He has already decided this will be his Eagle project. I didn't think to take a photo of it before he turned it in, so I'll post when when we get it back.

Hailey wrote a song. She just sat down at the piano one day, and out it came! Then she wrote some lyrics about being drug free, being a good friend and doing your part. She helped me on the computer enter in the notation. It was a great learning experience. Then my brother helped us record it and put it on CD. She may be the only one in the school that entered a musical composition.

Tyler made a sculpture of a cheetah out of Model Magic. It was really cute! Again, forgot to take a picture of it. His title was "I Can Help Endangered Cheetahs". He wrote that when he grow up, he wants to work in wildlife. I hope he actually does. I remember when I was younger, I wanted to work with baby tigers. He really loves "big cats"!
And Hannah drew a picture of herself and a few friends taking out the garbage (can you tell what has been the emphasis at my house lately?!) I love her little people! It is sad when their drawings evolve to more life-like looking pictures.




Emma has discovered independence. She walks around the house like one of the big kids. She even throws tantrums. At 16 pounds, she just seems too tiny to have figured that out! I guess I was hoping my 'baby' would just always be sweet and cuddly and never go through the toddler stage! What could I really expect? She has some good teachers!

Randy has been really busy with work. Not only is he still working on I-15, but now he is the project manager for the new Riverdale Road project. That is pretty intense. They have until January to complete the design. then construction will begin.

I am excited to be in primary. We had our first presidency meeting yesterday and a stake leadership training last night. The Spirit really touched me when one of the stake ladies was bearing her testimony that the Lord bought us with his life, and we need to pay him back with our service. Sometimes I think we lose sight of why we are serving. I now I have grumbled a few times about Randy's calling as scoutmaster. I try not to, and I think once I realized how much he enjoys it, I realized that was unfair of me. I hope I can keep things in perspective. After the meeting, a group of us went to TGI Friday's for dessert. It was tons of fun! I love being able to get out like that every once in a while. And Randy is always so sweet and lets me go. He has never once murmured about it. I am pretty lucky!

No comments:

Looking for Something?