Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Escaped Convict

Bedtime at my house is about as fun as getting a root canal. We are so outnumbered that the kids take advantage of that. We have tried various forms of bribery and punishments throughout the years. Some of these include: an extra bedtime story, candy under their pillow, locking the door, taking away a favorite toy or their CD player, promising to buy a CD player, flipping the breaker and turning off the power to their room (*this one, BTW, is quite effective), etc., etc. Last night, it was money. I know how this sounds, but let me explain. Nathan is at the age between nap and no nap. Yesterday, he fell asleep in the late afternoon. While it is nice to have a few minutes to myself, I know I will pay for it later. So, here is was about 9:00. I had already escorted him back to his room several times. Then I caught him in my room sneaking money from my desk. He had a bag full of change. I told him he needed to put it back because it wasn't his. But, that if he went right to his room and didn't come back out, I would put a quarter under his pillow after he fell asleep. He was so excited and ran into his room. I had him right where I wanted him- or so I thought. I waited a little while and left when I felt he was there for good. I came downstairs to scrapbook a little and unwind from the day. When I went back upstairs, this is what I found:





In case you are wondering, it is a fort. He loves making forts. He makes them all day long, all over the house. His room was torn apart and he was nowhere in sight.

Then I found the little escapee in Hailey's room, asleep...


Gotta love the jammies!

No comments:

Looking for Something?