Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm a 'Home'maker!

Ok, after that last post, I didn't want to sound too negative, so I'll leave you on a more positive note. Today, I went to pick Tyler up form a friend's house. I have met his freind's mom a few times before, but today was the first time I had been to their house. I was amazed at the cleanliness of her home....she has three boys. Need I say more? Anyway, I complimented her on it and she commented how hard she works at it. Then I asked her if she worked outside the home as well. She replied, "I'm a homemaker! And I love it!" It hit me today that the term 'homemaker' has been replaced by the 'politically correct' term "stay-at-home mom". I am guilty myself of using that phrase. Moms that work and moms that stay home. Is that all the world sees? I am here to say, there is much more than that! We are making our homes. And we work hard at it- making them havens for our families, a place they want to be. From now on, I will not make the mistake of calling myself a 'stay-at-home mom'. I am a HOMEMAKER!

No comments:

Looking for Something?