Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Saturday was cold and frigid. We spent the morning and early afternoon finishing up some little 'projects' around the house. We even had our lawn aerated. By the late afternoon we made a run to Costco. Our whole family went (except Hailey, who was at soccer practice.) I think that was the first time EVER. Randy couldn't wait to get out. Little did he know the kids were behaving extremely well! By the time we got back home, it was snowing. Randy even turned on the Christmas music!

It didn't seem like much, so I was surprised when Hailey came in the house asking for the 'snowman kit'.
And by the time I was finished making dinner, Tyler had created a giant snowball! (With a little help!)
You can't see it well in the picture, but it is a 'chocolate chip' snowball. Filled with little chips of dirt and grass from the aeration.
I don't even have everyone's Halloween costumes. Let alone snow clothes. It was a good trial run to see what we are missing. Casey was wearing my snow boots, and poor Nathan has no coat. You would think I should have one. After all, he has two older brothers. But we have somehow managed to lose not one, but two coats in his size! By Sunday, it was all melted except the snowball in the yard.
Yesterday, I was sustained and set apart as the first counselor in the primary presidency. I am really excited about it. We have a great president! There is a link to her (mommamin) blog on the right. I went to school with the other counselor and secretary. They are both awesome, too! I have one more pack meeting tomorrow. It has been fun to be in Cub Scouts, but I know primary is where I am suppose to be. When I was set apart, the bishop emphasized over and over about the importance of stressing the Savior in the the children's lives, and strengthening their testimonies. I think for these kids, more than ever, they will have to rely on a strong testimony early in their lives. There are so many temptations out there, that they have to be strong. I remember when I was in seminary we were always told we were save for the last days for a reason. I was never quite sure what they meant because things didn't seem that hard for me. But looking back, I realize I had a solid testimony. And things are just that much more difficult for my kids. I pray I can teach them and prepare them to face the challenges that lie ahead.

It is hard to believe October is almost over. The holidays are approaching fast. While it is my favorite time of year, I can't help but feel a little sad. Where has the time gone? Emma is getting more independent, and Nathan acts so old. My kids are getting bigger faster than I can even imagine. My older ones seem to be getting more immature by the day and the younger ones are getting more mature. How can that be? They are each so different, yet I love them all the same.

No comments:

Looking for Something?