Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Haunting

First off, I have to say, all the work on Tyler's costume paid off. It was all worth it when I saw his face yesterday morning as he came upstairs wearing it. He had the biggest grin from ear to ear! That is the thing with Tyler. He definitely lets you know when something is bothering him, and although he tries to hold it in when he is happy, he just can't!

Halloween was great! The kids had a fun time at school at their parties, and then I took them to Randy's work to Trick-or-Treat. Randy even left the middle of a meeting to walk around with us! On the way home, we noticed the retirement home by our house was starting their Trick-or-Treating, so we stopped by there, too. I was so proud of the kids. They stood politely in front of the little grandmas and grandpas and said, "Trick-or Treat", and then said, "Thank you" every time. They were so patient.

It was nice that it was still so light outside when it was time to start around the neighborhood. Cyndi came by and gave them each some candy corn soda and of course, took pictures. I also got some cute pictures of everyone- except Randy! I was so busy getting pics of the kids and making sure everything was ready, that I forgot to take a picture of him. He sat on the porch in his "pumpkin man scarecrow" costume while I took the kids around our neighborhood. He sat a bowl of candy and a sign on a table next to him. When the kids came up to the door and reached into the bowl, he would 'come alive' and scare the pants off of them! He said he got some teen-agers pretty good!

When the little kids were tired, we came home and Randy took the bigger kids in the car to the neighborhoods on the hill. They went to some pretty decked out houses. Hannah and Nathan sorted all their candy. I was impressed how well they did. They matched all the candies in piles. Everyone has so much candy it makes me sick to look at it. I think I'll go have some protein!

No comments:

Looking for Something?