Sunday, May 11, 2008

No Excuses

Happy Mother's Day to all you women out there! Notice I didn't say 'moms'. Women are just born nurturers, and that is what a mom is. Every women touches someone in some way. So even if you haven't given birth, or been given a gift of adoption, you are a mother in my eyes.

My family let me sleep in until 9:30 this morning. It would have been heaven, except that I had Nathan in the bed next to me for a good part of the night and I was left with 5 inches to sleep on. So even though he woke up long before me, my back was killing me. But still, that was 1 1/2 hours less that I had to hear tantrums.

Friday, Randy brought me flowers. They are the coolest roses I have ever seen. They are red with darker red tiger stripes on them. Pretty neat looking! The boys spent the night at the Father and Son's camp out and the girls and I partied at home. That is, of course, after eating out and getting a couple movies and way too much candy. Half-way thought the first movie, Hailey complained of her eyes being hot. She had a fever and a sore throat. Nathan and Emma both had fevers earlier in the week, but the sore throat was a new development. She stayed home from church today.

I love having a 'day off'! Thanks, Randy for making my day special! Love ya! This morning, Randy made me breakfast in bed and I was showered with gifts. Casey, Hailey, Tyler and Hannah had made me handmade presents at school. I am going to miss it when I don't get those anymore. I cry every time. Randy wasn't supposed to get me anything because I got my camera. But he got me a KitchenAid mixer. I have wanted one for many years. The last hand mixer I bought, I told him would be the last. It died back in February. I stuck to my guns and haven't purchased one. I have been telling him forever that I would make lots more chocolate chip cookies, real mashed potatoes, homemade bread and pizza if I had a KitchenAid. So today, my wish was granted. I now have no excuses.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! You will not regret having a real mixer! I just gave my Kitchenaid that I have had since I got married to my friend and upgraded to the new Bosch mixer...it is heaven! Have fun cooking! I can't live without one!

Ashley and Devan said...

You are super mom. I am glad you had a fun mothers day!

Looking for Something?