Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lazy Tooth Fairy

Hannah lost her second tooth yesterday. She lost her first one back in March. Two days before Easter. The lazy tooth fairy forgot to come that night. So the next night, he hitched a ride on the Easter Bunny's back. Yup, they came the same night. It's pretty sad when the tooth fairy forgets that your six year old lost her very first tooth. I'm just glad that the Tooth Fairy remembered this morning to stop by before Hannah woke up. I think she'd have a complex if he forgot two times in a row.

I was thinking back about the Tooth Fairy that came to my house. He/she was always very reliable. Not only that, but he was magical. We would seal our tooth in an envelope and put secret markings on it. In the morning, there was always a dollar bill flat in the envelope and the tooth was gone. I'll never know how he did it. ;)

Our Tooth Fairy leaves the tooth right where my kids put it. He started leaving them when Casey was younger and decided he wanted to keep a tooth. So, Casey wrote a note, and the fairy obliged. After all, it does make his load lighter. Then last year, Tyler wrote a note asking the Tooth Fairy a series of questions. What is your name? How old are you? Are you a girl or a boy? For your information, his name is 'Toothy' and he remembers collecting the dinosaurs' teeth.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I was just thinking about the tooth fairy today. Have your children ever woke up when the toothy was doing his/her duty?

The list of questions was really cute.

Rachael said...

hahaahahaaa...That is so cute Christie. Your kids are adorable.

Mum-me said...

I had to laugh when I read this. Our Tooth Fairy has become rather unreliable lately too. And thanks for the reminder about name and age of 'Toothy'. I'm sure I'm going to need that information sometime in the near future!

Looking for Something?