The other morning, I was sitting next to Nathan on the stairs as the kids were packing up for school. He knows to wait for them for them to get out the door before he gets my undivided attention. As soon as they left, he turned to me:
Nathan: "Do you see the homes in my hair?"
Me: "Huh?"
Nathan: "The homes!"
Me: "Did you say 'homes'?"
Nathan: "Yeah, 'homes'!"
Me: "What homes?"
Nathan: "Where the bugs live!"
I guess Randy told him that if he didn't wash his hair, bugs would build homes in his hair. He has this image of little bugs building houses in his hair. I thought I'd play along...He felt all around in his hair to see if he could feel the houses or their bones. I explained that they were teeny tiny like in Horton Hears a Who. And he would need a microscope to see them. He asks me daily if the homes are there. Then he checks in the mirror and washes them down the drain in the tub.
Whatever works!
1 comment:
What! No "skilliskalliosis'? Haven't you told Nathan about that? (That happens if you don't wash you hair.)
My mom use to tell me that the rats would have a nest in my hair if I didn't comb it. Later in the 60's, it was the hairsyle to "rat" your hair. I believe that a rat could live in those "beehives" if they had a chance.
Post a Comment