If it weren't for the tantrums and meltdowns, I wouldn't believe that Emma is two years old! The switch turned on some time ago and the "terrible twos" are in full force. But all in all, she is a ton of fun. She says more recognizable words every day. She tries new words constantly, though she is still hard to understand. But tonight she said, "Hello Kitty" and it was obvious that's what she said. She holds up two fingers when asked how old she is, and just yesterday she ventured out on her own excursion outside. We won't comment on that.
So we had a part today and she got a couple presents from us, a cute pink muumuu from Grandma and Grandpa and thanks to Mindy, she got a play kitchen. Thanks again, Min!
She wasn't thrilled with the birthday tuck-in, but that is probably because that meant bedtime. Can't say I blame her after her three hour nap after church.
I left Sacrament meeting early to put her down for a nap so she could enjoy her party. So we got a late start. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over my new fire pit and played outside for a while. We sang and had cake and ice cream, and she opened her presents. Then at Nathan's request, we played a game where we each had a balloon tied to our foot with candy in it. Everybody tries to pop each other's balloons. Nathan told Randy he was going to pop his and not to cry when he did. Even after the warning to his dad, Nathan was devastated when Casey popped his balloon and took his candy. Who wouldn't cry, though?
Now I am sitting here and Randy is upstairs dealing with kids who don't want to sleep, so I'd better go help.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma!
She is so darling! She looks SO BIG in that picture. I want to eat her cheeks!
Happy Birthday sweetie!!
Post a Comment