Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lazy Days

Today, Casey gave his first Sacrament Meeting talk. He did a great job....especially considering he was asked at 9:00 Friday night and he was gone ALL DAY yesterday performing manual labor. It was a nice hot day, and he had two jobs in neighbors' yards. He was asked to speak about his experience with the Special Needs mutual that they have been meeting with this month. I was impressed with his perspective. So I am feeling slightly guilty about my post last night. I guess I was at the end of my rope with that kid. I mean, I love him more than anything, but sometimes, he makes it really hard for me to like him. Although it's sometimes tempting; a day like today makes me realize I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I had Sharing Time again today. My last one for the month- thank goodness! It has just been a super busy month and I haven't been able to give it the time I'd like.

Just an idea of my month:


That is in addition to cooking, cleaning, eating and sleeping. I know, I know, I did it to myself....some of it, anyway. Ans this is only with the older kids involved in stuff. That is why I never want any of my kids to take another lesson or sign up for another sport- EVER AGAIN! Maybe a month into the summer, I will have changed my mind. But for now, I am looking forward to the lazy days of summer.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Casey did a great job on his talk. Way...better than I would have.

Looking for Something?