Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's Up, Doc?

My friend Natalie watched my kids a couple weeks ago so I could go on Hannah's field trip. When I got there to pick them up, she asked Nathan if he wanted to tell me what he ate for a snack. He got pretty shy and wouldn't tell me. So Nat took me into the kitchen and showed me her tub of spinach.

She had been making a salad for herself, and he wondered what she was eating. She let him try a leaf fully expecting him to spit it in the garbage. He loved it and asked for more! So she got him a bowl and filled it with raw spinach....no dressing. He ate that and two more before I got there. As I stood there talking to her, he polished off two more bowls or PLAIN RAW SPINACH! FIVE BOWLS OF IT! I mean, I love spinach, but I have to have some raspberry vinaigrette dressing to go with it.

She told him at their house they call it rabbit food. So the other day, when I called him a monkey like I always do, he corrected me: "I'm not a monkey, I'm a bunny!"

2 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Too cute... I hate spinach and every other vegetable that's green, so I can't understand...but it's great that he'll eat it!!!

Natalie said...

I've never seen such a sight....kids chopping down on raw spinach. Emma tried it too! Nathan and I were playing a game on the Wii together. He was up at the table eating the spinach during my turn. I told him, "It's your turn now, bud." He said, (with a mouth full of spinach) "You play me -k-" Hilarious!!!! Some babysitter I am...no candy, no treats - just leafy greens! Sshhh - don't tell anybody! haha Nat

Looking for Something?