Can I just tell you how lucky I am? Right now, Randy is downstairs working with Casey on his country report. This isn't just any report. This is the Big Kahuna. A ONE HOUR oral presentation on Italy! Complete with a homemade map and flag, and a PowerPoint presentation. They have spent countless hours researching and revising. And I haven't done a thing. OK, I did help Casey sew his own flag. ...move over Betsy Ross! And Helped him set up the handy dandy opaque projector to make a giant boot-shaped poster. And today, Randy was in Salt Lake and picked up some Mozzarella di Bufula (Buffalo Mozz) The big day is Wednesday...I'll write about how it goes that night.
That is not the only thing that makes my husband so remarkable. People ask me all the time how I manage six kids. The answer is simple. Randy.
He is so patient and willing. He never complains about the state of the house or the lack of clean clothes. Instead, he just pitches in and helps me out. And when I need a break, he is more than willing to stay home so I can have some time out.
A couple weeks ago, he took the day off work so I could go snowboarding with Hailey. I got home, showered, and left for a night with my cooking club friends. He didn't say a word about the fact that I didn't return until 3 AM!
Lately, my Saturdays have consisted of baby showers, baptisms and shopping. So he has been left home to do chores with the kids and shuttle Hailey to soccer games.
He helps with the homework, and other school projects and still has the energy to play with the kids.
When I was trying to figure out how I could get to the gym on a regular basis, he offered to put the kids in bed three nights a week so I could go without hauling six kids along.
And last Saturday night, he did something he dislikes even more than fruit with chocolate: he went shopping with me. He even picked out some pretty cute Easter dresses for the girls.
And the list goes on. Can I just say how much I love and appreciate him?!
Thanks, Randy! I love you!
3 comments:
This is so sweet! What a great husband! Your words make me appreciate mine more too! They are wonderful guys!
He is so awesome!!! You are a lucky girl, but can I say that you two are just alike???
Definately a catch! Cute post!!
Nat
Post a Comment