I realized that I love the sound of my kids laughing...OUTSIDE. When they are laughing in the house it means one of two things will happen: either something is going to get broken, or someone will end up crying. It always seems they are having a great time, but it quickly escalates out of hand and without fail, it doesn't end well. So with the nice weather this week, I sent them outside and I cracked the windows open. I enjoyed the sound of their laughter in the distance, all the while they were releasing some of the built up energy they have been storing for the past 4 months.
Nathan, Emma, and I went to Subway for lunch today, then popped over to Dollar Tree just for fun. Nathan dressed himself this morning in his "Get Your Head in the Game" outfit.....basketball shorts and a basketball tank top. Luckily, before we left I had tricked him into putting on a 'hootie' as he calls it. So I didn't look like an absolutely neglectful mom. :) It's a good thing I did, because as we were checking out, someone said, "Look, it's snowing." It was actually hail....which Nathan and Emma thought was pretty neat. But it was freezing! I want my spring back!
Woo hoo! My tulips and daffodils are poking their noses through the ground! :)
Count 'em: 1...2...3 kids....It's more fun when you don't follow the directions! (They even do flips!) Good thing I don't have Mindy's doctor...I would have switched docs right then and there! :)
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but Casey rode his rollerblades to school....in case you haven't heard the story, Casey got in trouble for this last year for doing this. Because apparently, the school has now decided what modes of transportation you can and can't use to get TO and FROM school! (I realize this isn't Casey, but he was working on his country report when I was taking pictures. :( )
We went to a park and they had all these wood bears they carved out of the stumps of the dead trees. I guess they thought it was cheaper to pay someone to carve a bear than to remove the stump! Nathan liked them, anyway......he stopped to pose on every one and made me take his picture!
2 comments:
Way to remind me that it hailed all over my spring fever today!
I love the warmer weather too. While driving home today we saw one of your girls jumping on the trampoline inside of a bucket, and doing flips. She looked like she was having fun.
Post a Comment