I went digital a couple years back and that was better. But, man, this stuff takes up a ton of room on your hard drive. And I just don't have the creative eye like I'd like to think I do. I mean, I love photography and I take a gazillion pictures every month. In fact, my kids joke that I take pictures of everything. And I do.
So I have decided to let go of the scrapbookers guilt and focus on my pictures and my blog. I really would love to learn how to really use my camera. You know, turn off 'auto' and take some pictures. Real pictures. That is my new goal. Not to try and scrap the 80,000 pictures I have taken, but to take some that are worthy of some frames for our bare walls. And some that are too good not to post here, for all to see. And for the other 79,900...well, I'll take the best of those, and make DVDs put to music for the family to watch.
So that will be my theme for 2009.
'picture it'

3 comments:
love it!!! i think it's a great idea... and those dvd's most certainly count as scrapbooks...
I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who just cant seem to get into scrapbooking, maybe someday... I am excited to see your pictures!
I used to sell scrapbooking stuff, so I have quite an accumulation, along with a pile of good intentions!
For now, I'm trying to keep up with the blog and plan on having it printed.
Post a Comment