Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Skirts

So I dropped the ball on Christmas dresses this year (And neighbor gifts. I guess I can't do Christmas cards and gifts in the same year...) But I thought hmmmmm.....I'm on to something. Hailey really doesn't care for the fancy dresses anyway. And since I am so not fancy, I decided we'll do New Skirts for the New Year!
Has anyone tried shopping for girls lately? There is nothing in the stores worth my money. Especially when it comes to Sunday clothes. My solution: make our own.

This is Emma's new skirt. Not that she was in desperate need of a new one...but isn't it cute? I saw the pattern here and have been dying to make one for months. Hailey and I made a trip out to the quilt shop this week and found the perfect fabrics.

Here is Hannah's (OK, so I actually made this for Hailey's birthday last month. But the problem with e-patterns is you have to make sure it prints to scale...otherwise, instead of making a size 10, you'll end up with a size 6. Oops.)

Hailey really does need new skirts and dresses, so here is the one we have finished so far. I'm not done with the matching headband yet.

So now I have caught the bug (Thanks, Mindy!) and I have several more planned. Maybe even some for me!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Sooo cute!! Don't you love finding a fabric gold mine?! It really gets things going.. eh? Those bows are darling!!

Heather H said...

Those are adorable, I wish I was a seamstress when I see the cute things you make! Your girls are very lucky!

Rachael said...

Those are way... cute, are you taking orders for Skirts yet???

Natalie said...

Awesome! Hailey did a great job picking fabric. Can't wait to see them on.

You amaze me!!!

Traci said...

so cute! I love them, I need to try and make one for Eliza, she would LOVE this, especially because it is a fight to get her to wear pants!!!

Anonymous said...

way too cute. were they hard? I'm tempted to try one for Korah Grace. Where did you find all the cute fabric? cherstin

chersty said...

sorry, I was signed into my uncle wayne's account by mistake. cherstin

Diane said...

Where did you find the printable patterns? Those are awesome!

Mandy said...

Those are awesome! I love the fabrics too. Maybe when my girls are bigger... We're adding to our responsibilities though, so I may not find time for a while. We're expecting baby #5!

Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card!!! It made me want to be in warmer places. :) It has been nice getting to know you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I love those! Can you make them for me? :)

Looking for Something?