Saturday night, Randy and I went to a fancy schmancy restaurant for his birthday. The food was delicious, even though I was unsure of half the ingredients the waitress listed.
Sunday was Randy's birthday. We ate french toast with strawberries and whipped cream for dinner (which strangely enough, is different than eating strawberry shortcake for dinner.)
His birthday totally snuck up on me with him being home up until the Monday prior (last week was spent trying desperately to catch up from the holidays.) So I improvised and he had some gifts to open, but I still need to redeem myself sometime...
Among other things, we gave him the Nacho Libre soundtrack. Unless you like your kids climbing the walls (literally) I caution against listening to this after consuming a high sugar dinner, pie and ice cream.
We spent the next two nights (very late nights) making Hannah's birthday present.
The idea came to me over dinner Saturday night. Not a lot of time. Do you see a pattern here? But I am proud to say it was a success! Hailey loved it as much as Hannah did.
The bunk beds come apart to be separate...
We took McDonald's to Hannah for lunch and sang to her with he rest of the lunch room. We had a great time eating with her and her friends (that's a post in it's own...)
As I was finishing an outfit for Hannah's AG doll, Emma decided the McDonald's she ate for lunch wasn't enough. She ate half the frosting off the cake.
We had "noodles with white sauce" for dinner and enjoyed what was left of the cake. After opening presents, we played 'telephone'. Something about this game brings out the best in my children. Things like 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' turn into 'suck it up candy bozos'. A phrase that from here on out will be used when the kids complain about their chores.
A game of red light, green light turned sour when Hailey decided to run the red light. Hannah didn't think that was funny and threw her own little pity party in the middle of her birthday party. Randy, being the push-over he is, gave in to her (after all- it was her birthday) and started a 'movie with popcorn and candy'...at 9:00...on a school night. No wonder the kids like him better.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HANNAH!! WE LOVE YOU!
6 comments:
so so cute!!! I loved the bed...it looks like you are still creatin and celebratin!!
The beds are so cute...and so is the bedding. What a lucky little girl to have such creative parents...and thrifty too!
I love the doll bunk beds!!!!!
What a cute gift! I'm looking forward to being able to play lots more games with my kiddos. FOr now they do pretty well with anything involving running around, and "What's the time, Mr. Wolf?"
It sounds like you have great fun as a family.
Oh.. Happy HAPPY birthday Hannah!! Love those bunk beds.. good job! Lynn loves her noodles and white sauce too.. her birthday dinner as well :)
Okay, once again I am amazed by your creativeness! You are a wonderful mom.
Love you!
Post a Comment