Several months ago, Nathan put a Perler bead into his nose. It was after 10 PM, and the doctor's office and insta care were closed. Trying to save a ER co-pay (I know, you'd think I would have learned the first time...that's another story for those of you who don't know it.) we attempted to get it out ourselves. No such luck. We tried everything from tweezers, to an ear cleaner thingy, to a bulb syringe to a vacuum (I know, I know...) After almost an hour of unsuccessful attempts, I decided I would just call the ENT that is so familiar with Nathan. I asked him if it was OK to leave it overnight and come to his office the next day. I was afraid he might aspirate it in his sleep. The doctor assured me it would be fine, and we arranged a time the next day. Five minutes later, he called back and asked me if I could meet him at his office. He said he got thinking and decided we would both sleep better if he just took it out. By this time it was 11:30. What good mom has their three year old up at 11:30. If he had been asleep at a decent time, it never would have happened in the first place! It only took the doctor a minute to remove the culprit. He checked for more and we were on our way. I was glad I called him after all as he didn't even charge me for the visit! So fast forward to last Saturday.....
Randy was bending over, tying his shoe when Nathan jumped on his back and threw his arms around his neck. I grabbed Nathan by the waist and tried to pull him off Randy. He had quite a hold on Randy and ended up upside-down. I shook him around a little, teasing him., and put him back down. When he got off Randy, his nose started to bleed a little and out came these:


...And I was worried about leaving one in overnight!
Last night I was giving Casey a much needed trim when Nathan asked for a 'short-cut'. As I was finishing up his haircut, he instructed me to make 'fire hair'. He moved his hands around to illustrate the way he wanted his hair styled- complete with sound effects. He wanted it in a faux-hawk. Silly kid. I guess it has a new name at our house.
At dinner he was saying the prayer-as always. He loves to thank Heavenly Father for pretty much everything, and usually just goes through his day. Last night was no different. "Thank you we could play in the snow. Thank you we could pee in our snow pants. Thank you we could change into new clothes." At this point, none of us could contain ourselves. He goes on, "Thank you we could stop laughing." And so on... What am I going to do with him?
No comments:
Post a Comment