Some more funny Nathan stories....
~We have been watching an office building being constructed near our house. Every time we pass it, Nathan points it out. All the kids loved seeing the steel beams placed by the crane and every new development is exciting. So the other day as we were driving home from tumbling, they had plastic sheeting draped over half of it in preparation for the stucco or other exterior. Nathan noticed it and said, "Uh, Mom. They are putting it in a package!"
~Yesterday, he came out of the bathroom and proclaimed, "I almost saw the Holy Ghost." Not completely mind you- just almost. He said that the Holy Ghost was his friend, and he is nice. He wasn't afraid, and he was just standing there in the bathroom. It kind of makes me wonder what he did see. Or if it is just the wild imagination of a three year-old.
~Today, I was getting ready to leave when a friend called. After talking for few minutes, I told her I needed to go run errands before the kids got home. As we were backing out of the driveway, Nathan asked, "Are you dropping me off at Erin's house?"
~I was trying to round up a few Christmas presents online this morning (I have not had good luck with internet shopping lately- I'll get into that later...) While I was on the computer, Nathan managed to dump 1000 Legos on the floor, and also the contents of three board games. The mess spread from my front room, through the entry way, and down into the family room. I asked him to pick it up and he refused. Several times. I told him I would help, but that he needed to help, too. He made up one excuse after another (he has good teachers, you know!) I persisted, as did he. He paused, and sighed and then said, "Fine then. You're fired!"
Today I'd be OK with that. Do I sign papers on the way out? Is there a severance package? Not that it matters. Just show me the door and I'll go willingly. Some days are just like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment