Sunday, December 16, 2007

What AM I Going to Do With This Kid?

The glue on Nathan's chin lasted lass than three days. I noticed this morning it was gone. It had been peeling around the edges and I had to glue one side down again after Hannah shut the door on him and it started bleeding. I used the infamous NexCare skin glue that I poured in Tyler's eye last year. ;) I managed to keep it out of Nathan's, however! But despite my efforts it is off now. That is my luck. We have never had glue that lasted the "6-7 days" like the doctors always say. At least the injury is mostly together...until he bumps it again. So, here is the solution some have offered...



My dad has been saying for a couple years (mind you, Nathan is only three) that he needs to wear a helmet. And last Thursday, when I told him of our most recent trip to the InstaCare, he offered once again, to buy one for Nathan. But after this last incident, a few more people suggested it too. The kid won't keep a BandAid on. Do you really think he'll keep this on?
------------------------------------
Hailey's birthday was fun. We gave her a camera that she was SO excited about! My parents gave her a mu mu and lei for her American Girl (AG) She loves it! (Thanks guys!) Casey was so jealous of her camera that he moped around the house all night. He kept making comments like, "I can't even express in words how jealous I am." Have I ever known him to ask for a camera? Or take a picture? No.


Saturday I took Hailey and five friends ice skating. We spent two hours there, but I think the girls only spent a total of 27 minutes actually skating. A good part of the time was filled with me lacing and unlacing each girls' skates at least twice, trying to get them more comfortable.The rest was girl drama. A few of them were fighting over who they thought a certain boy likes. These girls are 9 and 10 years old! That is Jr. High stuff.

This is the very reason I wanted Hailey to get into American Girl. If it will keep her a 'little girl' longer, I don't care how much it costs. You can't put a price tag on that. I am thrilled that Hailey asked for AG stuff for her birthday and Christmas again this year. That just bought me another year of her childhood.

I look at other kids my children's ages and I am in awe. They are so much more mature than mine. I have tried very hard to make sure my kids stay kids.my kids. I ma very choosy about what I let them watch or play or wear. I feel very lucky. Casey still likes Disney movies. I attribute their naivety to the fact that we don't have TV. It does pose one problem, though. They have great imaginations. For 11 moths out of the year, this is great. But for that one month before Christmas, it's a problem. You see, without commercials, (and since I avoid taking them shopping with me) they don't know what is on the market. So they make up things they want Santa to bring. This year, Hannah asked for a dog. That walks. And barks. And has a pink bow on it's ear. And a switch on the bottom. And a leash. And a house. And a bowl. And a bone. Now, since Santa's elves make toys, this is not a problem for the big man himself. But if say, mom and dad wanted to give this to her, it would be a challenge. They would probably have to shop in the pet aisle- not in the toy department. It's all good, though. Like I said- whatever it takes to keep them young.

No comments:

Looking for Something?