Thursday, December 13, 2007

Deja Vu

So today started out as any other. I had high hopes of what I would accomplish. You see, tomorrow is Hailey's birthday. I have certain things I do for each person's birthday, and they usually require a day of errands and other preparations at home. Well, Hailey's birthday is a little more complicated. Throw into it, that fact that Christmas is in 11 days. So, not only do I have birthday errands and preparations- but Christmas, as well. So I had a long list of things to do today, and I had plans to start around 10:00 (meaning out the door by 10:00.) That is until Nathan pulled one of his "split my head open and take me to the Insta Care" routines. Yep. Right around 9:00 AM, just as I was about to get into a much-needed shower, he came to me crying. There wasn't much blood, but his chin was definitely gaping. I was still determined to get my things done, and I didn't know how they would react if I took him back four weeks to the day since the last set of stitches. So, I decided I would just use a butterfly bandage. That lasted about two seconds. That kid won't leave a Bandaid on. So, I hopped in the shower, woke Hannah up, and took her and Emma to my friend's house. Luckily, the doctor was able to glue it closed and so far it has held- that is pretty good. Once again, he was a model patient and the doctor and nurses commented on how good he was. Yes, nurses. They brought two in for reinforcements- probably figuring we would have to sit on him. But Nathan is a veteran. He just laid there. In fact, at first, he was so giggly, that anytime I tried to touch him, he would start snorting and laughing hysterically. Only Nathan. What will I do with him?.....


1 comment:

Sister Gramma said...

What a trooper! He should repay you for all these trips to the ER by becoming a doctor...geriatric, that is. :)

Looking for Something?