Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas is Coming...

...the goose is getting fat. We have been listening to Christmas music around here since Halloween. But for some reason, I am just not feeling it. Then Casey came home from school singing, "Christmas is Coming" and I remembered the old Muppet's Christmas record we listened to every year at Christmas. I want that record. There is nothing like Miss Piggy to bring the holiday spirit. And John Denver. And of course, Mannheim Steamroller. I think I am on a new quest.

I am sitting here bloggin' on the couch, playing fetch with my cat. You read it right. My kitten, Oreo, plays fetch. We are convinced he is half dog. He eats table scraps, licks you and plays fetch. Of course, this makes him that much more likable to Randy. :) And I must say, the floor is a little cleaner after dinner than usual.

An update on the Internet purchases...so far, so good. I have received three packages so far. After I got over the frustrations the other day, I decided I like shopping online. I love waiting for the UPS guy or FedEx man (that is, when it is not a passport I'm waiting for!) There is just something more exciting about opening up a big box and sifting through all the blown-up plastic bags to find the one little item in the bottom of the box. It is almost like I am the one receiving the present. And then I get to wrap it up and go through it all over again Christmas morning watching the kids.

1 comment:

Sister Gramma said...

Well, I am defeated. I just wrote you a cute comment and then found i had to register and after i registered, I find that I had lost that letter. :(
I told you that you will be getting two boxes from USPS next week...and that in sending all our packages off, I decided that if we go on another mission, I will put them in a suitcase and fly the gifts home! It will be cheaper. We bought some economical things: Cheap,but cute...so that the families would have something tangible from us. Some of the other couple just sent money, but I didn't think we had that kind of money to spend on everyone...but after the postage, I think we could have done that very well! Even one of your "lightweight" boxes had to go "flat rate"...However, we really aren't complaining....it was just a surprise to us how much it all cost. We sent Dave's, Cathy's, Cody's ($11 for a $!0 item) and Hailey's birthday off last Saturday and it was half the price of the four boxes we sent yesterday. You are getting two since you like to open the boxes!But we have everything wrapped and off, so now we can concentrate on getting into the Christmas spirit, which is hard when it is 72 degrees, and Santa wears shorts and flip flops! Have fun with Hailey's party! We love you xoxoxoxo Mom or Sister Gramma as Cody calls me. :)

Looking for Something?