Friday, November 30, 2007

When I Grow Up

The other day as I was making lunch, Hannah told me that when she grew up, she only wanted to be a mom. I was touched by her comment and remembered last year when Hailey told me the same thing. I was complimenting Hailey on her grades and I told her if she kept it up, she'd be able to go to any college she wanted. And that she could be whatever she wanted to be. I remembered a comment she made about really liking 'doctor stuff'. I told her she could be a doctor or nurse. She replied that she only wanted to be a mom and nothing else. She told me she knew it would be lots of hard work, but that is all she wants to be. I have never been more proud!

So here we are, Hannah and I, talking about being a mom- when Nathan chimes in, "When I grow up, I want to be a mom and a monkey."

I explained, "Nathan, you can't be a mom- only girls are moms. You can be a dad."

He understood, "OK, when I grow up, I want to be a monkey dad!"

No comments:

Looking for Something?