I have been pretty busy this week making Christmas presents. I try not to put things off until now, but that is just how it goes. I have determined I have no brain cells left as I have the hardest time remembering anything. This was my day yesterday:
Wake up, to get first round of kids out the door. Oh yeah, Casey needs $21.75 for a field trip today. In two checks. In two separate envelopes. I had to tear into one envelope to remove one of the checks. It was a special envelope with a bar code. Packaging tape will work just fine. So the kids are off.
Nathan wants breakfast. I make his oatmeal the same way I do everyday. But I forgot to use my ESP and I put the milk in like I usually do. He wanted ice. So I get him ice. Now he wants milk in it. He finally stops throwing himself around and hitting me so I head upstairs.
We have all been wearing the same pants all week, so I decided to do some laundry. On the way there, Emma starts crying. I stop to get her out of her crib. She wants breakfast, too. I make her oatmeal and try to feed her. No go. She wants to feed herself- oatmeal of all things. I strap her in her chair so I can get something done.
I see that something I had been painting was dry and needed a second coat. I stop and slap it on. On to the laundry. I get half-way up the stairs and Nathan calls for me. Apparently he forgot how to dress himself. I try to help him but he insist on wearing the same shirt he wore the day before...and slept in (so I'm trying to understand why he needed to get dressed in the first place.) "OK" I said, "Your pants look fine, too." Hey, it saves on laundry. Oh yeah! The laundry! Off I go. I get a load in.
Emma starts yelling for me. Oh...this isn't good, I remember she had oatmeal all by herself. Yup. She discovered the joy of playing and bathing in oatmeal. Her skin should be really soft. Peaches and Cream soft. As I carefully lifted her out of the high chair, I remembered Randy had put the phone book in there so she could sit high enough at the table. It, too was covered in mush. Oatmeal is a great adhesive, in case you are wondering...I could probably use it for my next pinata.....
I take her upstairs, holding her as far away from me as possible, but still manage to get coated in porridge. After washing her off, I head to my room to clean myself up. Problem is, I only own one pair of pants. Well, it's still wet enough I'll just wipe it off, or rather smear it in. Same difference.
After my five minute prep for the day (a shower is out of the question at this point.) I walk though the hall, and realize Emma is still just in her diaper. So I stop and get her dressed. I am right by the washer and see that it is time to change the laundry over. It takes all of 1.2 minutes to get the clothes in the dryer. I was feeling proud of the fact that I remembered before it went sour.
I walk downstairs ready to tackle some more projects. There is Emma- sitting on the table. Covered in paint. So is the table and one of my projects. It's only 9:30.
And I wonder why I have no brain cells left. I think it's a defense mechanism. And the laundry still sits in the dryer today.
1 comment:
You forgot to add:
"Then my crazy friend, I shouldn't even be calling her my friend anymore... She brings her crazy girls to my house so she can go to her doctor's appointment... yeah, that helped my day dealing with their girl emotions..."
Post a Comment