
The past year has come and gone so fast. My kids, although not noticed on a daily basis, have grown so much.

I promised when we got back last year that I would recount all the comments we received along the way....here it goes...better late than never right?
While at Disneyland before heading to Hawaii, we turned countless heads with our brood in matching shirts (which were an absolute life-saver!)
Many people thought we were a school group. One even asked if I was a home-school mom because I "look like one". Whatever that means. As the night wore on and people we leaving, we took that as our opportunity to hit the rides once more. Randy took the older kids on Splash Mountain while I headed in the direction of The Haunted Mansion with the little ones. Just after we parted ways, I felt I was being followed. A man dressed in baggy pants with chains hanging from his belt loops made an unexpected comment: "I thought us Latinos had a lot of kids. But I think white people have a lot, and they make good moms, too." Why thank you, I think.As we boarded the plane, we heard whispers of, "Do you think they are all theirs?" Then the pilot greeted us with an, "Oh my gosh! It's the Von Trapp family!" ( I got the biggest kick out of that one!)
Everywhere we went we were asked questions like, "Are they all yours?", "Are any of them twins?" and "How do you do it?"
My ego was stroked a few times as well with compliments like: "They have the most gorgeous blond hair and blue eyes!" and "You have the most beautiful family I have ever seen!"
And you could always hear people counting "One, two, three four, five, SIX!" The funny thing is, I have to count them too. Not because I can't keep track of them, but because it never seems like there are that many of us (and, no, I don't take that to mean there is another waiting for us...)
We have such good memories from this trip.....I want to go on another. Somebody mentioned Puerto Rico- I think that sounds fantastic!
7 comments:
You do have a beautiful family, and are amazing mom!
I like the Von Trapp comment too...now, can you sing for us?
I like that comment too... But I think I prefer the Family Clankers better. They were amazing at the Ward Christmas Party.
It can't already be a year... you guys just barely went like two-three months ago!
i loved that trip! where is peorto ricto???
What a blast! Did they build a Disneyland in Hawaii??!! You got to go to both places in the same year!!!
What a beautiful picture of the men walking out of the ocean dressed in their white. What a great memory to have!
JEALOUS!!! :)
It's hard to believe that it was a year ago. It was one of the most sacred and reverent baptisms I have ever attended. Beautiful! That was the word for the day.
Sad news, now...they can no longer do ocean baptisms there. Someone felt that that they weren't private enough. But, as we found out, there are not many people up at 6 a.m.!
Post a Comment