Friday, April 24, 2009

A Full Heart

Once again, heartache has hit our circle of friends. Randy got an early morning call yesterday from our bishop, informing him of an unfortunate car accident that claimed the life of a good friend's son.

He was an amazing young man with a personality that drew people to him; a good kid that never did anything to make his parents worry. His parents take great comfort knowing that he lived his life the way he should.

He was expecting his mission call next week. In fact, yesterday was the day his name was to be taken to the temple. It was. Hours before the accident, his dad prayed with the family that he would be sent to the place where he could do the most good. He was.

6 comments:

Little Bee said...

That is a sad but amazing story. I'm sorry.


P.S. Check out my blog

D said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We just had this happen to a girl in our ward. It didn't seem real for so long, and so many people in our ward were deeply affected. I hope you and your ward family find comfort and hope. Take care.

Diane said...

I saw the accident in the news. I am so sorry for the family and their terrible loss. I hope they feel peace. I am sure you guys are such a blessing to them as neighbors.

TumbleBee said...

I think that was so sad, but i know we will see him again! Now i'm not sure i want to drive anymore!

Marissa @ Life is Fantasmic said...

I think it's the same accident that Morgan told me about. Isn't she friends with one of his siblings?

I've been keeping his family in my prayers and will continue to do so...

BookwormMom said...

I felt the same way about his mission call.

Looking for Something?