Tyler at an Easter Egg Hunt back in '03...
On the way home from the movie, Randy inquired as to what type of cake Tyler was having for the impending celebration upon our arrival at home. I had not yet made one. I'm a good mom like that. I have no trouble remembering gifts, balloons, and decorations. But the cake almost always slips my mind. I urged Tyler to want something like strawberry shortcake (his dad is good at that one,) or pie. Something, anything, that could be picked up on the way home (one thing I don't do is store-bought cakes. Gag.) His eyes lit up at the mention of cheesecake. Score! We passed a Costco on the way home and I ran in to purchase the celebratory dessert.
The only kind they had was key-lime...thank goodness it was a hit with Tyler.
It was easy to buy for Tyler this year. All he asked for were 'surprises'. But he had dropped enough hints, that we knew just what to get him.
Happy Birthday, Tyler!
Just look how he's grown!
We love you!
3 comments:
He is cruzin on that rip stick already!! He has grown so much and I have been fortunate enough to witness it! That picture of him and the lizard is how I remember him when we moved in. Sheesh..time flies!!
Great post...for a GREAT KID!!
Happy Birthday Ty!...the best weed-puller in town!! (wink, wink)
Happy Birthday! What a cutie-patutey! I wish I had a boy so I knew what that skateboard thing is!
Cute! He has grown a lot since the sidebar picture too.
Post a Comment