Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My Birthday Recap

*note: there are no pictures of my birthday since I am the one that always sits behind the camera...

After getting over the fact that I am not having another baby, I had a great birthday. ;)

My friend invited me and the kiddos to swim (per Hannah's persistence.) She made me a cute board for my bare walls and a nummy cupcake. We had lots of fun and realized just how anxious we are for swimsuit weather.

Later, the fam and I celebrated by going out to eat (per my insistence.) I didn't care where, just as long as I wasn't cooking. We had a good time swapping sandwiches, chips and salads. That's the good thing about a big family- everyone orders what they want, and then when someone decides that wasn't really what they wanted, there is always someone else willing to consume the unwanted food. So we played 'musical vittles', and in the end the food was gone and everyone was full.

My friends took me out for dessert. It took a while for them to get over the fact that I am a PUNK and fooled them into thinking I was preggers. In the end, we had a great time and almost closed the restaurant(I think they have healed now.)

I was visited by many and brought wonderful cards and gifts. I am so lucky to have such great family and friends!

Friday, My parents watched the kids while Randy and I went shopping and out to lunch. On them. How sweet is that?!

We did the official family celebration Friday night. We had pizza for dinner because, well, two nights of no cooking is heaven. Then my FIL and BIL brought my kids' little cousins over for a night of trashing the basement. My kids are always up for that. And for the record, it's still trashed. ;) My FIL, of course brough ice cream, and we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. I love strawberry shortcake for two reasons: a) no frosting, and b) Randy knows how to slice strawberries. And he's quite good at it.

Then Randy gave me my presents which are quite nice, and totally undeserved. He got me some clothes, a ThermaRest for camping, and an awesome new comfort bike. I have been riding all over the place like the Wicked Witch of the West.




Minus the hat.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

I am healed.. still considering the support group.. how do I get in touch with your brother? ;)
you'd look cute with the hat too :D
Happy Birthday!! Love you tons!!!

D said...

What a fun birthday! I thought our family was the only one who trades food at restaraunts! You need to post a picture of your bike. I'm wondering if it is like mine. I'm just missing a basket in front. I almost got a pink bike... but settled for white and purple.

BookwormMom said...

None of that crap about not deserving it....you are amazing, and you deserve it!

Luv Ya!

Rachael said...

Happy late Birthday! Sorry, I'm brain dead lately and can't remember anything (even if the paper is right in front of me).

I want to go to dinner with your family. That sounds like loads of fun. Jesse doesn't like sharing all of his food or switching, if I find that I don't like what I ordered. I like it when we bring our kids with for dinner cause then I can order them both their own food and munch on it if looks good. And with (My) Kids for some reasons it doesn't matter what's in front of them they always want what's on MY plate.

Celeste said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! It sounds like a great day- and why shouldn't it be? You are super mom & deserve a day or two off! BTW, I smelled a football player sliding down a hill because I'm AWESOME!

Natalie said...

Glad you had a fun birthday!! And Happy Anniversary too!

Julie said...

Jen's right. You deserve it all! Love ya.

Natalie said...

P.S. Jealous of that bike! Uber cool :)

Looking for Something?