Today I am going to share my laundry secret. The idea is to wait until nobody has anything left to wear, and then spend an entire day slaving away sorting, folding, and putting away. OK, so not really, but I usually do wait until there is nothing left in the underwear drawer. Not because it works better that way, just because I am a slacker. But my method works well whether it is a daily task or a weekly chore.
I found these baskets at Wal-Mart and I LOVE them!! They are the perfect size and they fit inside each other to minimize space.
I sort each child's clothes into them...
I can either put the basket of unfolded laundry on their bed (the older kids are perfectly capable of folding their own) and the task takes only minutes...
...or, if I'm being generous, I'll fold it for them and put the basket in their room for them to put away.
My towels, blankets and sheets are even divided up into their little baskets according to who uses them, so the kids are responsible for putting those away, too.
And voila! I'm done. Not too bad.
7 comments:
Hey thanks for your post over on my blog! I am going to make family blog public again! So if you would like you can have a look! I made it Private because it was a little creepy not knowing who was reading about my life! which can be crazy at times!
It is me again! Sorry I was waiting for your blog to finish loading, and so i was posting on mine and when I clicked back I saw you kids, They are ADORABLE!! hope you win the bows for your girlys they are so cute!!
Maybe I should try that with Hayden. He has to dress himself. If I don't have to dress him maybe I should let him take care of his own laundry.
holy laundry! :) fun idea!
I freakin' hate laundry... I've always dreamed of being filthy rich and when I'm out of clean clothes... I go buy more... Oh by the way... That computer mat thing is yours... I can bring it to you or you can come pick it up.
I promise I am not a stalker! I like reading your blog and I was showing my hubby! I use the same baskets for my kids's laundry! I will have to show you! i also tied there names on the front! it is cute!!
I use those same basket, just one size smaller. For the kids sox and under pants. In Kimmy's case her bloomers.
Post a Comment