Saturday, September 06, 2008

I'm a Slacker

I kept visiting this blog to see if anyone had updated it. And nobody had. What's up with that?



OK, OK...I'll do a little recap...and hopefully my posts won't be quite so sporadic in the future. I think I may be getting some resemblance of a routine down. Maybe.

After probably two years of beeping, I changed the batteries in the smoke detector in the garage. Am I a slacker mom, or what? (If it makes you fell any better, the batteries are purely for back-up. It is hard-wired into the house.) My friend across the street and down three houses had to tell me it was beeping. She could hear it when our garage was open, or if I was on the phone with her. I have gotten really good at tuning things out. But Friday, I actually got the ladder out and fixed the dumb thing. You're welcome, Nat.


Labor Day, we woke up to this:

Yes, that's hail..and a whole lotta rain!

The funny thing is: Randy was golfing. Hehe! What a guy won't do.

We spent the rest of the day being uber lazy. We rented like 5 movies and spent the day- just us. Eating junk and watchin' flicks.

Tuesday was back to reality.

Wednesday was cleaning and a lot of not listening by the wee ones.

Thursday was spent trying to get our internet to work. It all started when I thought it would be a good idea to move the computer upstairs. Something happened in that short while that it was disconnected, and we were left without DSL. We had already gone a whole day (gasp!) without a connection, and we needed it back. Not just for weather forecasts (which we heavily rely on this time of year- mind you, we don't have TV, so the web is our link to the real world. Hailey kept asking, "Can't we just check it on the Wii?" Too bad everything in this world hinges on that broadband.) Casey is also doing his classes online. So no internet, means no school. You see why I had to get it working? I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get it sorted out. And believe me, that is a whole other post (already in the works.)


And to top off my wonderful day, Nathan decided he needed a haircut. And didn't ask me for one.

Friday was Nathan's first official day of preschool! He was pumped! He wore his Spiderman hat with strict instructions to leave it on, lest someone might see his bald spot. I can't believe he is in preschool a;ready I only have one more kid to send to preschool. I'm feeling kind of old. It seems like I was just picking up Tyler from his first day of preschool, and Nathan was an infant, along for the ride. My how time flies. Anyway, he loved it! I knew he would.

He was so excited, he could hardly stand it!

Emma stepped right up for her turn. She catches on quickly, don't ya think?




I took Casey to open up a savings account. Yes, I know he is 12. And yes, this is his one and only savings account. With a grand total of $25. The way I see it, we provide them with food, clothes and shelter for the first 18 years. As far as college, they're on their own. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a large chunk of cash to give each of my kids when they leave the house. It just ain't gonna happen. So instead, we teach them about scholarships, and job interviews. So back to my story...Casey was thrilled! I surprised him on his way to school by stopping at the credit union. You should have seen the look on his face when the lady handed him his ATM card. And then I confiscated it. He'll get it back.....someday.


Randy took Hannah 'backpacking' tonight. A short trail. That's all Hannah is good for. She is the one of our kids that could do without hiking. Nonetheless, she was happy to be going all by herself, with dad.

After a gourmet meal of beanie weenies, the rest of us watched Camp Rock and partied. I must admit, it was better than I anticipated. Could it be that the tweens in this house have rubbed off on me and the Jonas Brothers are now pretty cool?

After the party ended, I sent everyone to bed. Nathan was unhappy with the 'stupid' fort Tyler made for him and was trying to talk me into making him a better one. I was tickling him when he announced he needed to go to the bathroom. While he did his business, I went to check on everyone else and say 'goodnight'. This is how I found him when I returned- he was fast asleep:


Gives new meaning to the term 'pooped' doesn't it?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You don't even know how relieved I am!!! ha ha ha funny post

Last night I was in Costco as they were closing. There was all this beeping going on....I felt like the end of the world was coming. I told Jeff they must do that so people will leave the store, its awful! He said "Hun, I think its is just the forklifts restocking stuff." ....Oh, well it sounds like the apocalypse to me. So, Christie thanks for thinking of me....:)

Mindy said...

So that's what you've been doing...
Funny, my latest post includes those infamous Jonas Brothers too... love your censor cloud!

Mandy said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the laugh :)

Looking for Something?