Keep tools and toys in their places.
Even as we read this, Tyler was twisting a screwdriver between his eyes.
Keep storage areas clear of waste and trash.
I guess we'd better remove the roll of fiberglass insulation from the utiltiy room...
Use a step stool to reach high places.
I looked up to see Nathan scaling the cupboards.
Be sure poisons are marked and stored where children can't get them.
Does the Windex experiment Tyler has in his bathroom count?
Dry your hands before touching an electric switch.
Tyler asked if he could please just turn off the light after washing his hands.....probably because a hand towel in our house is used for things like experiments and keeping your hands warm while eating a Popsicle- not actually drying your hands. (notice the lack of towel in the picture above...)
Keep stairs clear. Help put things where they belong in closets. attic, basement, or stroreroom.
I always thought the stairs were temporary storage areas.
Keep closets neat.
Tyler does have some pretty neat things in his closet: lots of books, his shirts, some shoes, a plethora of art supplies, various figurines, and his old cast.
Know where the water shutoff valve is.
I walked with Tyler outside to show him where the shutoff valve is. I couldn't find it.
Know where the electric fuse box or circuit breaker box is.
I do know where that is...many a night, the breakers have been flipped.
Know what to do if you smell gas or propane in your home.
I think you can imagine what Tyler replied to this one.
So despite his mom's hazardous homemaking skills, Tyler earned his badge with flying colors. He earned his Wolf and four arrow points only five months into his Cub Scout experience. I'm sure by the end of his tenure as a Wolf, he'll have completed almost all the electives and much more.
Great job, Tyler!!!
2 comments:
WoooHOOO! Tyler!!! My cub scout hero!
Way to go! We love cub scouts!!!!
Post a Comment