My sweet little baby is growing up. I am really loving this phase. I have never had a two year old and not been pregnant, so after having six kids, this is a new experience. It helps that she is totally a Mama's Girl. By this time, each of my other kids had turned the corner. They no longer like me the most- it was Daddy's turn. Not Emma.-she still prefers me. I can have one, can't I? She loves to give hugs and kisses and snuggle. When she is resisting a nap, all I have to do is tell her I will lay by her for a minute. She calms right down and we cuddle.
When I do something for her, she always says, "Thanks, mom." And when I tell her I love her, she says, "I yu you, mom." And sometimes for no reason, she comes up to me and hugs my leg as tight as she can. What a sweet little girl.
She gets dressed by herself, and wears underwear now. She even stays dry through naps and all night. She asks me 100 times a day if we can take Molly the dog for a walk. And when she answers the phone, she says, "Ma-ee by oo." (Molly bite you.")
If I am on the phone, she is anxious to say, 'hi' to whoever is on the other end. And she is not the least bit shy around people.
She loves chocolate and wearing sunglasses. She sleeps with one leg crossed over a bent knee and her arms stretched out above her head. And she will NEVER keep a blanket on. Although her 'Pooh Bear' (Hannah's Care Bear blanket) must always be within reach
She can always talk me into reading her another story by holding up three fingers, nodding her head, and whispering, "Un mo." (One more)
Tonight, Randy is gone, so I let Emma sleep in my bed. It was not enough for her to lay by me. She took my arm and wrapped it around her so she could lay, nestled in the crook of my elbow. Then she took my other hand and rubbed it across her cheeks so I could tickle her face, arms, and legs and run my fingers though her hair as she drifted. She fell asleep within seconds.
I am so in love with my little Emma.
9 comments:
Thanks for giving me warm fuzzies...I really needed it right now.
What a sweet little girl, hopefully that's just her personality so she's like that all her life.
seriously... you have the cutest kids!
she has a face that will melt anyone... just about ;) she's such a doll! what a blessing to have her all to yourself during these crazy days!
She really is gorgeous!! You have a perfect baby mold....are you sure you don't want to keep going? those Jefferies kids are beautiful!!
You were my Emma girl! LUVU
She is So CUTE!!! I know how you feel when the baby is growing up!!! she is very sweet!
She is just too freaking cute!
emma is sooo cute! I'm sorry if i went to dad more when i was little,and if i still do! just remember that i luv both of u the same!thanks for everything u do for me!!! LUVU!!!:)
Post a Comment